Dr. Poláček graduated from the Faculty of General Medicine of Charles University in 1970. He began his medical practice and specialization in surgery at the District Hospital in Nymburk, where he was employed until 1976. Following six months of work at the outpatient clinic of OÚNZ (National Health Care Institute) in Prague 10, in 1977 he began to work at the Department of Burns of the Clinic of Plastic Surgery of the Faculty Hospital in Prague 10. He was employed there until 1990 in the positions of secondary physician, senior secondary physician and deputy head physician. In 1991 he joined the Clinic of Surgery of the Pod Petřínem Faculty Hospital as medical superintendent for plastic surgery and treatment of burns.
Since 1996, he has been a consultant for plastic surgery and treatment of burns at the Pod Petřínem Faculty Hospital and served as physician and consultant for plastic surgery at the Hospital at Frýdlant v Čechách.
Since September 1997, he has also been working as assistant-lecturer at the Institute for Postgraduate Education of Physicians at the Bulovka Faculty Hospital. The start of his medical practice at LD Clinic dates back to 1995.
- Attestation in general surgery, 1975.
- Attestation in plastic surgery, completed with honors for excellent knowledge, 1982.
Awards and positions
Prize of the Czech Literary Fund for 1986 – for the article Changes in Lymphocyte Activity in Severe Burns.
- Chairman of the Czech-American symposium on plastic surgery PSEF, Prague, 1992
- Chaired the individual sections of a number of symposia in the Czech Republic and abroad. National representative in the European Burns Association, 1989 - 1991
- Named to the committee of the congress of the International Confederation PRCH in San Francisco, 1999
Trainings and study stays abroad
- Pre-graduate stay at the University Clinic in Hamburg, 1969
- Clinic of Plastic Surgery in Helsinki, Finland, 1980
- Clinic of Plastic Surgery in Bratislava, Slovakia, 1981
- University of California and the General Hospital in San Francisco, Prof. Luis Vasconez and Dr. Juris Bunkis, 1984
- Immunology - new information in the HLA system, ILF Prague, 1984
- Microsurgical course at the University of Jena, 1987
- Plastic and reconstruction surgery, Dr. Juris Bunkis, Blackhawk, California, 1989
- The University of California in San Diego, Prof. Jack C. Fisher, 1990
- The University of California in San Diego, 1992
- Central European Course of Aesthetic Surgery, Prague, 1994
- Dimensional breast replacements, Nashville, Tennessee, 1994
- Dimensional breast replacements, Prague, 1996